Installing Archipelago Drupal 9 on Windows 10/11
- Windows 11 64-bit: Home or Pro version 21H2 or higher, or Enterprise or Education version 21H2 or higher (see Docker for Windows link below).
- Windows 10 64-bit: Home or Pro 21H1 (build 19043) or higher, or Enterprise or Education 20H2 (build 19042) or higher (see Docker for Windows link below).
- Install Ubuntu on WSL 2
- Install Docker for Windows
- Install Github for Desktop
- At least 10 Gbytes of free space (to get started)
- Some basic Unix/Terminal Skills
- 2-4 Gbytes of RAM (4 Recommended)
- Install Github Desktop. Ubuntu comes with Git by default, but for a more full-featured way to work with Github, you can install this application.
Open the Docker Desktop app. The Docker service should start up automatically with a status showing when the service is up and running.
Open an Ubuntu Terminal session (type
Ubuntu in the Windows Start menu).
Bring everything up to date:
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade -y
Thanks to Corinne Chatnik for documenting these steps!
Need help? Blue Screen? Missed a step? Need a hug?
If you see any issues or errors or need help with a step, please let us know (ASAP!). You can either open an
issue in this repository or use the Google Group. We are here to help.
If you like this, let us know!
Caring & Coding + Fixing + Testing
Created: August 9, 2022